hi

i have usergroup

in this group there are 600 users

100 as primary

and 500 as secondary

how to move the secondary 500 users to default
    registered user group??

thanks
    Last edited by baghdad4ever; Tue 6 May '08, 9:59am.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

To my knowledge you can't move users (en masse) from secondary usergroups to a primary usergroup.

Comment

• baghdad4ever
      • Apr 2007
      • 4.1.x

thanks floris

is there any idea to do that please?

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

I do not know, but feel free to post it as a suggestion in the suggestion forum.

Comment

• GameWizard
          • Nov 2004
          • 4.0.x

I thought you could just use the "Search for Users" functionality to select the users you'd like based on certain criteria and move them to another group that way?

Comment

• Black Tiger
            • Mar 2001

To my knowledge you can't move users (en masse) from secondary usergroups to a primary usergroup.
            Strange. Because a secondary usergroup is also a usergroup. So if you would use the "prune/move users" option, then select the secondary group, users should be found, but they aren't, at least not when they also are in a primary usergroup. I just tested this and it's not good that users which have this group as secondary group are not found.
            Seems to me it would indeed be a nice option if users then also would be found, if possible with the usergroupid of their primary usergroup.
            That way they can easily be moved.

The search is a way to get them indeed but that won't help very much.
            You can select the secondary usergroup, then go a bit lower at the section which says "User ID is greater than or equal to" and set that to 1 (which is administrator).
            Then click "find" and you will get all users which reside in that secondary usergroup.
            Problem is now you have to edit every single user to move them to another usergroup.
            Greetings, Black Tiger

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

If you delete the usergroup, any user in that group is reset to the default usergroup.
              If you delete a usergroup with only secundary users they will be simply no longer show on someone's admincp profile as being a member of that group.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...