Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stubbed
    • Dec 2007

Mimic phpBB2 'View your posts'

Over the weekend, I migrated our forums (950,000 posts) from phpBB2 to vB3.7. The general consensus is A+, and I'm currently just filling requests from users.

The major one I'm getting is one that I didn't even know existed, because I never used it personally. phpBB2 had a feature on the main page where users could click 'View yours posts' (Which links to /search.php?search_id=egosearch) and it would automatically take them to a search results page where they could view every post they've taken part in.

Now, I know that you can just do an advanced search and put my nick in, and get the same result, but apparently having to do three button clicks and typing in their forum nick takes to long.

The problem I'm having is it looks like the search feature uses post rather than get, I was hoping I could just do some trickery along the lines of a small template edit with a link pointing to search.php?searchuser=nick, but obviously that isn't the case.

Is there something I'm overlooking? Or is it going to be a bit more difficult that first thought...
  • GameWizard
    • Nov 2004
    • 4.0.x

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107955

Comment

• Stubbed
      • Dec 2007

*sigh* - I'm a moron.

Cheers for that

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...