Clear All
  • avitor
    • Jun 2007

ERROR on install vb 3.7.0 -The database has failed to connect

i configurate all details wright
    password
    db user
    and i try to install -and is show this error

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

please help-
    http://www.horadot.co.za
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That error means the MySQL information in your includes/config.php file is wrong. You will need to contact your host to verify the correct MySQL information. Or sometimes they give you access to an online control panel where you can setup MySQL yourself.

Comment

• avitor
      • Jun 2007

my sis on goddady.com
      and i spoke whet the support ther and the say is not in server configuration the problame
      what to do?
      http://www.horadot.co.za

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

It's either bad MySQL info or the database isn't setup properly. There are no other possibilities. Did your host confirm the correct MySQL info so you can check what you have entered in the config file?

Comment

• shafeeq
          • Dec 2008
          • 3.7.x

hey sir i have the same problem
          The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

please help me ?

reg

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

The most likely cause of this error is that the info in your config.php file is wrong or your db user does not have full permissions to this database. Please read this for all the known causes of this error:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...