Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fionatony
    • Nov 2005

Profile tabs not displaying as tabs in IE

Firefox is OK, and I I did as all mentioned in below posts but the problem has not gone away.:

What I have tried:
    1) Reverting all the template files (Create a new style and choose no parent style, set it as default templates and delete old one.)
    2) Reverting the additional CSS , and make sure it's default one.
    3) Re-uploading all the files , in a complete new test folder and disable plugin system.
    4) Make sure no table is closed after the vBulletin_init() Javascript stuff.

In the IE , it always report as " Error: Expected ')' " .

I have been fraustrated for whole day,Any help with resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Hmmm...I don't see any way to get that error with the default templates. A modification is definitely causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• fionatony
      • Nov 2005

Thanks a lot to look about this issue.

That error message is because I enable the javascript debug in my computer with visual studio. If I disabled it, The error message will like attach file vbberror2.JPG‎ .

As you suggestion ,I also did Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions ,

please see the attach file vbbfiles.jpg‎ for results.

As I said, All the vbulletin 3.7 files are re-uploading in a complete new test folder , plugin system is disabled in vbb.
      And I also add below line into config.php as you suggest.

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

All the template files are default as you suggest way: create a new style and choose no parent style,and delete old one.

I also empty browser cache, close all browser windows in a couple of computer to try again.

With no luck in IE7, it always javascript error.

I use the producat database backup to do above testing, that is only different to total new vbb3.7 installation. The database was upgraded from vbb 3.6.7 PL1, work very well except the missing tab in IE7.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by fionatony; Mon 5 May '08, 11:08am.

Comment

• fionatony
        • Nov 2005

I do not convert the database to UTF-8, still use the GB2312 language package with VBB3.7 . Is it possible to related with this ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

I still don't see how that is possible with the default vB. Something was changed.

Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• fionatony
            • Nov 2005

With vbulletin's help, I have fixed this issue,

It's related with the file that I upload "install/vbulletin_language.xml". The file is encoded with GB18030, but the setting in the forum is GB2312.

After I change the encoding from GB2312 to GB18030, all is fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...