How to remove this header notice for guest?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EricPSF
    • Jan 2007

How to remove this header notice for guest?

Hi,

Just to enquire how can I remove this:

"If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below." from showing.

Thinking of using the new Notice feature instead of the aboved.

Thank you.
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

# template: FORUMHOME
    # delete

Code:
    <if condition="$show['guest']">
    <!-- guest welcome message -->
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    <tr>
    	<td class="tcat"><phrase 1="$vboptions[bbtitle]">$vbphrase[welcome_to_the_x]</phrase></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    	<td class="alt1">
    		<phrase 1="faq.php$session[sessionurl_q]" 2="register.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[first_visit_message]</phrase>
    	</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <!-- / guest welcome message -->
    <br />
    </if>

Comment

• Andy
      • Jan 2002
      • 4.1.x

Perhaps it's time for the vBulletin team to make this a switch setting in the vBulletin Options.

I think most people know that one has to register on a forum if they want to post.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

I think they should have premade generic and or blank phrases for us to use. It is easier to just select (check off) what we want shown at a given time and do not have to rewrite after set time runs out.

Comment

• Ckilla
          • Dec 2005

Okay, I removed the code for registering for guest...

How can get notifications to show up for guest? It works if i set to User belongs to usergroup: Admin,

but not when i set it to not logged in//unregistered?

Can anyone help me get it up for 1st time visitors to the site?
          I'm using notifications if i can get it to work in replacement of the default bland msg.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

Try using proxy to view your site, as you just made think I had some 'Bug' in notice. I do believe it reads your Internet Protocol (ip) while you are not login...

Edit: nope, it just does not like multiple notices. I am not going to like how this works. I need to play around with the setting a bit more.
            Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Sun 4 May '08, 10:32pm.

Comment

• Ckilla
              • Dec 2005

This is just not working right, I don't think its the skin I'm using. It works if I set it to admins but I want only guest to be able to view it.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Do you mean if you logout you can't see it?

Comment

• Ckilla
                  • Dec 2005

Yes, and if I go on any other computer to view site. It doesn't show up either so clearly not working for me for replacing the register info, with a notice.

Maybe there is some code I need to add to a template to get it to show up? Its wierd though cause it works when I select admin, but not for guests/non-registered.

It simply isn't showing up. I'd really like to get this working cause I have a really nice notice setup.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...