• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DPtheGod
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.6.x

If I install 3.7, will I have to...

Hello,

I am very interested in installing vbulletin 3.7 onto my forum, however I have a lot of modifications that were designed for 3.6.x, as well as skins. Will I have to uninstall all of these modifications and skins in order for vB 3.7 to work properly?

Sorry if this has been asked before.
  • DPtheGod
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.6.x

Sorry, but I'm double posting to bump this. Basically, I've put a lot of work into modifying some vBulletin modifications to my vb3.6 forum, and I'm curious as to if I'd lose it all if I installed this new vB.

Comment

• DeeperImage
      • Nov 2001

You don't have to uninstall, but you are required to revert all templates with 3.7.0 if you want all the new features to work. I have a custom skin and I ran the installer, reverted all templates and made notes of which ones were modified. Then I reuploaded the new and revised modified XML for that skin to work with 3.7.0 and re-edited my previously modified templates.

A major pain in the butt, but well worth it.
      Cobbcountyforums.com

Comment

• DPtheGod
        • Nov 2007
        • 3.6.x

Is that for skins and modifications alike? Because I have put a lot of work into the modifications on my forum, including for v3Arcade, RPG Inferno, vBCredits, etc. and I'd rather not lose everything I've put into them if I can keep them. If I revert the templates, will they all work on vBulletin 3.7?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

You will have to ask the authers of this third-party add-ons if they are compatible with 3.7.0.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Realystic
            • Feb 2003

please refer any questions you have for vbcredits to www.vbcredits.com and we can help you. This site is for vbulletin main application support online. As steve pointed out above.
            Robert - Music is my caffeine!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...