Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tgralex
    • Jun 2006

Users reputation reached its MAX - 2147483647

On my forum, many users reputation has reached its MAX - 2147483647 points and not increasing anymore... In order to reduce reputation and make it workable again, I have tried to make more restrictive rules on the page vBulletin Options->User Reputation Options, then tried to recalculate reputations using Maintenance->Update Counters->Rebuild User Reputation. But for some reason reputation still stays at the same level...

What am I doing wrong and what to do?

Thanks!

BTW, I liked new 3.7 version and blog feature a lot - Good job!!!
  • tgralex
    • Jun 2006

Should it be run a SQL query on tables?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

That is the maximum allowed for that field. That's one food reason not to be playing with the reputation settings to create ultra-high values like this.

I don't know how to fix this except to change the field directly in the database.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tgralex
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        That is the maximum allowed for that field. That's one food reason not to be playing with the reputation settings to create ultra-high values like this.

I don't know how to fix this except to change the field directly in the database.
        Agree, it was a little loose rules... But anyway it needs to be recalculated according to the new rules... So, you are saying the only way is to run direct query on tables? What "Rebuild User Reputation" is for anyway?
        Last edited by tgralex; Fri 2 May '08, 1:35pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Good question. I don't know if that really does what you think it does. I'll ask.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Rebuild User Reputation removes any reputation manually given to users via the AdminCP > Edit User. It also recalculates the reputation power of users when the reputation power options have been changed.

In terms of resolving your issue where your users have reached the maximum possible reputation, you would need to run queries directly on the database to reduce their reputation to a more suitable amount.

Comment

• tgralex
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
              Rebuild User Reputation removes any reputation manually given to users via the AdminCP > Edit User. It also recalculates the reputation power of users when the reputation power options have been changed.

In terms of resolving your issue where your users have reached the maximum possible reputation, you would need to run queries directly on the database to reduce their reputation to a more suitable amount.
              So it changes reputation power, but not reputation itself. It something already Than I will reduce reputation by dividing by 10..0

Thank you!

Comment

• tgralex
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne

Running query like this
                Code:
                update VBB_reputation
                set reputation = Round(Reputation/100)
                and then Rebuild user reputation - fixes the problem...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...