Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristineM
    • Mar 2008

Installation of 3.7

can someone direct me to the step by step how to?

I just paid someone to upgrade me to 3.6.10 Monday night, being the green computer person I am. And I'm considering attempting this myself.

Scared to death.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Please view the upgrade documentation here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• D. Thomas
      • Jan 2006

Does VB offer professional upgrade installation (i.e. you guys do it instead of me) and if so, how much $ to upgrade from 3.6.8 to current version ? FWIW, I have one week before my (owned) liscense expires.

Comment

• wda2015
        • May 2001

have you got hacks or addons installed?..
        Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

You can order the Professional Upgrade service from the Members Area. Just click on the 'Upgrade/Renew License' link under License Options and choose the 'Upgrade'. The cost is $150.

Once you purchase the upgrade service you will receive an email with a link to the installation form where you input the server details.

- FTP server, username and password
          - MySQL server, username, password and database name
          - URL of homepage and forums
          - Forum Admin login info

Once that form is filled out correctly, the upgrade is assigned to one of our Techs and is usually completed within 1-2 business days (not including weekends.)

Upgrading will always overwrite any hacks or changes you made to the vB files. However it will not change any plug-in or product add-ons, although you may have to ask the authors of these add-ons if they are compatible with the latest version of vB.

Also upgrading will not overwrite custom templates. Nonetheless you may have to revert your custom templates and redo your changes depending on the template and the version you are upgrading from.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment