Upgraded to 3.7 but don't see any new features?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • afullcup
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

Upgraded to 3.7 but don't see any new features?

I just moved to a dedicated server and am still running 3.6.8 there, but since I have time left on my old server contract, I thought I'd test out 3.7.

Went through the upgrade without a hitch. I have this at the bottom of the page: "Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0 Release Candidate 4"

But I am not seeing anything new. I have looked at the new features list and have gone through several things on the forum and don't see them. Like the inline moderation option to "delete as spam", or the new thread options to add tags...

Any ideas? I'm hoping there's just something simple that I've totally overlooked. Perhaps a setting in the admincp?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Are you using a custom style?

Comment

• afullcup
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

Yes. uh oh - does that mean it isn't compatible? yikes.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

More than likely.

Comment

• emp1re
          • Nov 2004

Yes....thats the problem indeed.

I had the same problem, had to made a new template with default settings and it worked fine again. Then i made the nescesary changes in the new template and it still did work..

Then i was curious if the default template still would work if i reverted all...And it did... So you can do 2 things..make a brand new template, or revert the default template and after that make the changes again.

Worked fine for me.

Comment

• gamestar
            • Apr 2005
            • 3.8.x

an easy way to make your templates compatible (if you have some html/css knowledge). Is to look for outdated templates and compare them with a compare & merge program like araxis merge (works very good for me). Or the build in compare in vbulletin (which isn't that good and doesn't merge things).

In 10 minutes you'll have your style updated

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...