X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajwuzhere
    • Oct 2006

horizontal scrollbar help

Hello.

I just noticed that my site has a horizontal scrollbar on all pages. I have a fixed style, and when one scrolls horizontally, all it does is move the whole thing over on the page. Does everyone else also have a horizontal scroll on the site? I have only tested on Firefox 2 and Internet Explorer 7. Can someone help me figure out what is causing this horizontal scroll, please? The site with the problem is http://www.puretalkforum.com.

Thanks!

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

A scroll bar is caused when a page element exceeds the width of the browser. You would have to review the coding of your style to make sure that you have nothing that exceeds the width that you want. This can be caused by drop down or DHTML menus or other items that aren't necessarily visible on the screen but within the code.

I did look at your code but since it is compressed and pretty much unreadable, I can't provide any assistance on that front. It would take hours to make it readable.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ajwuzhere
      • Oct 2006

Thanks for the reply. I was able to fix it. It turns out that a search box I had on the page was causing it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...