X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcjd
    • Jan 2003
    • 3.8.x

Infraction Permissions for Moderators

I have ran into a problem where my moderator is not able to issue an infraction to a user whose primary usergroup is a special one for contributing members. This usergroup is not a moderator usergroup with more permissions than the moderator and thus I don't see the conflict. This is the message he states he is getting:
    You are not authorized to ban users who are not considered normal, registered users
    Is there a workaround? What could be causing this as my moderators need to be able to issue infractions to all members below them.

Thanks!
    Marc

U.S. Politics Online
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Change them to the Registered group first.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• marcjd
      • Jan 2003
      • 3.8.x

Change thousands of members to the registered group first? Why should this be necessary? This seems somewhat absurd? Is this a known bug? I am not asking the system to allow moderators to impose infractions on those at the same level or higher than them after all.

For automatic system promotions and memberships I have always had it change the primary usergroup instead of adding secondary usergroups. Are you saying I should always have had it kept peoples' primary usergroup as "registered" and then give them a secondary usergroup. I also just want to verify that their secondary usergroups won't prevent moderators from imposing infractions.

Thanks!
      Marc

U.S. Politics Online

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Because of this:

You are not authorized to ban users who are not considered normal, registered users
        Otherwise this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• marcjd
          • Jan 2003
          • 3.8.x

If their primary usergroup is "registered" but they have several secondary usergroups can they be banned still? I am just concerned that this wasn't made explicit...unless I missed something.

Thanks for the help.
          Marc

U.S. Politics Online

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

If you are still getting the same error, then no.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...