What has changed with the navbar coding?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason2
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

What has changed with the navbar coding?

Hi all,

I know your going say post this at vB.org...but since the developers are here -- I thought I'd ask here.

I'm trying to make the UserCP a drop down menu...here's what I've done:

I replaced:

Code:
    <if condition="$show['member']">
    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_cp]</a></td>
    		</if>
    With:

Code:
     <if condition="$show['member']">
          <td id="usercpoptions" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_cp]</a>
            <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("usercpoptions"); </script></td>
        </if>
    I then went to the bottom of the navbar template and found:

Code:
    <!-- / PAGENAV POPUP -->
    </if>
    Under that I placed:

Code:
    <if condition="$show['popups'] AND $show['member']">
    <div class="vbmenu_popup" id="usercpoptions_menu" style="display:none">
    	<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">		
    	<tr><td class="thead" align="$stylevar[left]"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_control_panel]</a></td></tr>	
    	<if condition="$show['pmstats']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option" align="$stylevar[left]"><a href="private.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[private_messages]</a></td></tr></if>
    	<tr><td class="vbmenu_option" align="$stylevar[left]"><a href="subscription.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[subscribed_threads]</a></td></tr>
    	<if condition="$show['siglink']"><tr><td class="vbmenu_option" align="$stylevar[left]"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editsignature">$vbphrase[edit_signature]</a></td></tr></if>
    	<tr><td class="vbmenu_option" align="$stylevar[left]"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editprofile">$vbphrase[edit_profile]</a></td></tr>
    	<tr><td class="vbmenu_option" align="$stylevar[left]"><a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editoptions">$vbphrase[edit_options]</a></td></tr>
    	<tr><td class="thead" align="$stylevar[left]">$vbphrase[miscellaneous]</td></tr>
    	<tr><td class="vbmenu_option" align="$stylevar[left]"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$bbuserinfo[userid]">$vbphrase[my_profile]</a></td></tr>
    	</table>
    </div>
    </if>
    Some display properly, but when it gets to 'Edit Profile' it just displays nothing and looks odd. This works with 3.6.8...so I can't understand why it doesn't work with 3.7...has anything changed within the navbar coding to display?

Regards Jason
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

Yes, there were several changes to the navbar for 3.7 so include notices, notifications, and change a couple of links that weren't there before. Did you try to revert first, and then apply some of your changes?

What are you trying to do exactly?
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Jason2
      • Dec 2007
      • 3.6.x

Yes, it is default already.

What are you trying to do exactly?
      Make the UserCP a drop down menu -- like the 'Quick Links'. I cannot understand why the above isn't working -- anything you can spot? Please let a developer know of this thread

Regards Jason

Comment

• Whiteyboy5
        • Jul 2007

Are you using Internet explorer? It is bad at displaying dropdowns. Does it show correctly in firefox/safari/opera?

Comment

• Jason2
          • Dec 2007
          • 3.6.x

Tried all three -- but I use Firefox mainly.

Regards Jason

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Whiteyboy5
            Are you using Internet explorer? It is bad at displaying dropdowns. Does it show correctly in firefox/safari/opera?
            IE has no problems displaying the drop downs, please do not spread incorrect information.

Comment

• Whiteyboy5
              • Jul 2007

Oh sorry, It's just through my web developing experience, the pages I have made for previous forum software have had problems displaying in IE (Possibly due to my inferior HTML to yours ) Obviously that isn't true for your forum software.

Comment

• Jason2
                • Dec 2007
                • 3.6.x

The drop downs do display correctly, it's just that in Firefox they drop down faster.

Regards Jason

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jason2
                  The drop downs do display correctly, it's just that in Firefox they drop down faster.

Regards Jason
                  In firefox they appear instantly, vs in IE they grow/slide.

Comment

• Jason2
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                    In firefox they appear instantly, vs in IE they grow/slide.
                    Yeah!

Zachery, looking at the code -- can you see what is going wrong?

Here is a screenshot -- see where there is a gap? That is 'Edit Profile' and no matter what I put there, there is always a gap. It's the same with Miscellaneous.

This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

Regards Jason

Comment

• Onimua
                      • Apr 2005

Look at this and see if you can modify your code to match the standard usage: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/templates_vbmenu
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...