• Show
Clear All
  • BamaStangGuy
    Banned
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.6.x

Multiplte Email Address Question For Sending Mail

Hi,

I made this service request: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...79#post1473679 and was told that all I need to do to accomplish that is

just setup your board to use an SMTP connection and separate your email addresses with a semicolon... works like a champ
    Is that how it works? I know I won't get the stats that I requested but if I do it like the above quote says, will it distribute the emails evenly? Meaning if I enter 10 email addresses and send 500 emails in a day will each email address send 50 of those emails out each?

Thanks
  • BamaStangGuy
    Banned
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.6.x

Alright, I have everything setup as far as smtp setting goes for the gmail. I have my username and password in there and it's sending email out to members perfectly.

Now, how would I go about adding multiple emails for the smtp connection? Am I correct in assuming that I would need to alter the smtp settings so that 10 different usernames and 10 different passwords were present? The same for the contact email in vBulletin Options > Contact Settings?

Is this something that's going to need to be modified after all?

Comment