X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwh
    • Sep 2000
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

Moderated threads not working in moderation.php

I see there's a new moderation feature in the usercp (I'm still running vb 3.017 so it may have been there a couple of versions ago).

In forums/moderation.php it says no posts found. But in admincp it shows posts. I thought maybe I needed to be named as moderator of that section and being Administrator might not have been enough. But fixing that did nothing. Any ideas why it's not working?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dwh
      • Sep 2000

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      I'll be happy to try all that and let you know the results, but this is a test board with original vb files...didn't edit a one...and I reverted all templates....

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Well maybe this is not available in 3.0.17.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dwh
          • Sep 2000

Well maybe this is not available in 3.0.17.
          I didn't explain it well...that happens when I pull too many all nighters... I'm real familiar with the vb code through 3.017. My production board is 3.017. But my test board is 3.7 Beta 5, which is where the problem lies.

Anyhow, I'm going to get some shut eye and read the code in the morning and look at the queries in the forums/moderation.php and compare it to the moderation in the AdminCp...and hopefully get some answer and be more coherent in my next reply

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

It works for my 3.7 test board an the default vB code and templates. Maybe I don't understand what you mean.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• dwh
              • Sep 2000

It works for my 3.7 test board an the default vB code and templates. Maybe I don't understand what you mean.
              Actually I totally figured out what's going on here.

If you click here:

it shows ALL moderated posts from the beginning. From my point of view, the expected behavior.

If you click here:

it only shows moderated posts from the last month. To find them all, you need to read the search box very carefully. Something very very very few users do. If you read the usability books, as they say, users scan, they don't read...

IMHO, the default should be showing ALL moderated posts and the search box should go away. Otherwise you will confuse the hell out of the moderators and lots of moderated posts will go unnoticed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...