Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hot_turkey_ed
    • Oct 2004

GD Not Working In 3.7 But Working 3.6.x

Tonight, I started messing with 3.7... a lot of good things! However, image verification broke but just for 3.7... By 'broke', I mean a get a white placeholder but no fonts... however, I still have a 3.6.4 developing environment laying dead elsewhere on my server... it picks up GD / true type just fine.

php -i shows the right gd things... upgraded my php 4.4.8 to 5.2.5.. recompile a gd, freetype, etc several times... I'm running FreeBSD... and remember, it's just the 3.7 that is not working, not my 3.6 tree.

Any suggestions?
    Please post set lists & reviews for concerts you've attended at WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Having no fonts show in vBulletin 3.7 means that you have Freetype 1 support compiled into your PHP installation. You need to compile PHP with FreeType 2 support by explicitly pointing to the Freetype 2 library on your server.

To enable Freetype 2 support (assuming that the server has the Freetype 2 libraries installed), this part of the configure string neeeds to be removed and replaced with (normally) --with-freetype-dir=/usr

To find out if a Linux server has Freetype 2 support, run locate freetype2 at the command line and look for some results, usually in /usr/include/freetype2.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...