How do you disable all the new social features?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwh
    • Sep 2000
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

How do you disable all the new social features?

Some of the new features are not all exciting, at least for my forums. I'm not complaining about the features, some people may love them...but I wish it was easier to shut off the parts you don't want.

Now it looks like you need to go into each usergroup permission (I got lots of them) and turn them off...you can't do it at the "Vbulletin Options" level.

Specifically the Visitor Messages, the Friendslist (which seems to be a copy of buddylist except that it's also visible on user profile page??), and the Social Groups...

But worse than that, you can't even remove Visitor Messages from anywhere that I can tell. Am I missing something?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can turn them most of them off under vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options. Uncheck the features that you don't want to allow users. Anything not listed there would be individual usergroup permissions. I think the six options provided cover the vast bulk of the social networking functionality though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...