X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glenv
    • Feb 2001

I had a site upgraded but CP is not

I paid someone from vbulletin.org to upgrade 2 of my sites to 3.7. He didn't do a backup on the first one so I lost everything there.

On the second one he upgraded I see that the Control Panel for the Admin is the old one although it says it is 3.7 Beta now. Is there someone that can help me out? I would ask the guy I paid but I learned the hard way he doesn't know as much as I do.

The site is

I really want to make sure it is upgraded correctly so I can get the most from it.

Thanks in advance.
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

He didn't do a backup on the first one so I lost everything there.

-Did you not have a backup of the site, previous to him/her working on it??

On the second one he upgraded I see that the Control Panel for the Admin is the old one although it says it is 3.7 Beta now. Is there someone that can help me out?

-3.7 is in Beta, so it is supposed to be branded with Beta in AdminCP..

Did you discuss this with the people over at vbulletin.org??
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• glenv
      • Feb 2001

-3.7 is in Beta, so it is supposed to be branded with Beta in AdminCP..

Did you discuss this with the people over at vbulletin.org??[/quote]

It does say Beta 3.7 in the footer but the left hand column with all the menu is still the old one and the color is still the old blue whereas I think the new one is gray.

Not going to discuss it with Vbulletin.org - I take responsibility for who I hire, not their fault. I just want someone to tell me what to do to make it properly upgraded.

Thanks

Comment

• Alex Older
        • Sep 2003

AFAIK the CP is still the same. I've upgraded my forums to Beta 4 (updating to Beta 5 Tonight) and the CP hasn't changed in any of the version 3.* releases.
        Problems with vB4? Try This Thread for answers!

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

I have only upgraded my test site to beta 2, but the Admin CP looks the same. You can change the style yourself in the CP or when you login if you want to see other colors.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...