X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Siegler
    • Feb 2006
    • 4.2.X

Tag Functionality

I have a user that went back over the almost 10 year post history of my board, and searched for every thread about a particular topic, and tagged all of them.

needless to say it's corrupted my tag cloud, as it is the largest font size there is, and the variants I had before are all tiny.

How can I reverse this, short of going into each thread and removing it manually? Please don't tell me that's the only way, as it would be an ENORMOUS pain in the ass.

There's got to be an easier way than THAT.
    Joe Siegler - Webmaster
    Black Sabbath Online
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

Thats a dedicated user lol
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Joe Siegler
      • Feb 2006
      • 4.2.X

Thought of another idea - is it possible to prevent threads from before "X" days from having tags added to them? That could help, too.
      Joe Siegler - Webmaster
      Black Sabbath Online

Comment

• Antivirus
        • Feb 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Joe Siegler
        Thought of another idea - is it possible to prevent threads from before "X" days from having tags added to them? That could help, too.
        Sounds like a modification which could easily be done by creating a plugin for hook 'threadtag_start' which checks the dateline of the last post in the thread against an admin option, then altering $show['add_option'] AND $show['manage_existing_option'] to be false. Thgis would prevent the display of the options to add and edit tags for the specific thread.
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image...avbit-home.png Eclipse Records - independent record company focused on active rock & alternative metal music
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image...avbit-home.png Streetcult Street Team Marketing - grassroots marketing, promotion, consulting, & digital distribution

Comment

• pete_brady
          • Aug 2001
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe Siegler
          I have a user that went back over the almost 10 year post history of my board, and searched for every thread about a particular topic, and tagged all of them.

needless to say it's corrupted my tag cloud, as it is the largest font size there is, and the variants I had before are all tiny.

How can I reverse this, short of going into each thread and removing it manually? Please don't tell me that's the only way, as it would be an ENORMOUS pain in the ass.

There's got to be an easier way than THAT.
          admincp - threads & posts - tags

find the offending tag and delete it from the list

Comment

• Joe Siegler
            • Feb 2006
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by pete_brady
            admincp - threads & posts - tags

find the offending tag and delete it from the list
            That's a brute force nuke. I'd rather not delete 100% of all usages of the tag, as it has been used properly elsewhere. I really wish there was a cutoff of dates so you can't retroactively add tags to every old thread like that; effectively spamming the tag cloud.
            Joe Siegler - Webmaster
            Black Sabbath Online

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...