X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shelby
    • May 2004

Social Bookmarks Not Showing

Question,

Any ideas why my social bookmarks might not be showing up. They are enabled in the "Thread Display Options" in the admin CP. Here is a link to a sample thread. I checked the social bookmark manager and all the default bookmarks are avliable.
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Admin CP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Thread Display Options > Enable Social Bookmarking [Yes]

You might have to disable plugins and add unmodified style to see if it is the custom styles that are the problem.

Comment

• Shelby
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
      Admin CP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Thread Display Options > Enable Social Bookmarking [Yes]

You might have to disable plugins and add unmodified style to see if it is the custom styles that are the problem.
      As I stated in my first post, the option in the Thread Display Options is set to "Yes". I have no plugins on the site. Also, the templates that call the social book marks have not been altered. The same issue exists with the default style that is also installed on the site.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Create a user with administrators permission to edit vBulletin options / forum permission and private message me with the details and I will poke around and look at your settings.

Enable these option, so I can poke around.

Can Administer Settings
        Can Administer Styles
        Can Administer Forums
        Can Administer Threads

It should display without any trouble...

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Social Bookmarking Manager Active?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

vBulletin Options > Social Bookmarking Manager (Choose Social Bookmark) [Edit] > Active: [No] > Save > Repeat to all.

vBulletin Options > Social Bookmarking Manager (Choose Social Bookmark) [Edit] > Active: [Yes] > Save > Repeat to all.

This seems to be more of a bug, then anything else. You should report it, as this is not suppose to act this way.

#Note: private forums will not show these 'Social Bookmarks' and I am guessing you already know about this.

Comment

• MR K
              • Dec 2006

vBulletin Options > Social Bookmarking Manager (Choose Social Bookmark) [Edit] > Active: [No] > Save > Repeat to all.

vBulletin Options > Social Bookmarking Manager (Choose Social Bookmark) [Edit] > Active: [Yes] > Save > Repeat to all.

This seems to be more of a bug, then anything else. You should report it, as this is not suppose to act this way.

#Note: private forums will not show these 'Social Bookmarks' and I am guessing you already know about this.
              i've got the same trouble, but with the latest Jose's tip, now all runs correctly ...

Comment

• zbahadir
                • May 2006

Thanks
                BizimForumlar
                vBulletin4 style not good please improve it

Comment

• slinky
                  • Mar 2001
                  • 1.1.x

I'm having this problem. None of the above items are working.
                  My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• Adem GENÇ
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 4.2.X

All i make

Disabled all plugin
                    Default styl

Not Showing

Comment

• slinky
                      • Mar 2001
                      • 1.1.x

I'm getting this error too:

My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• volcom5799
                        • Apr 2008

yep i am having the same problem, i can see social book marking manager which i finally found under the
                        Vbulleting Options > Thread Display Options > Enable Social Bookmarking

So i tried turning everything off then back on, still i am not able to see any social bookmarking on my forum. I am also running the newest version of VB anyone figure this out yet
                        Finance Stock Market Day Trading Forex Discussions and More

Comment

• UK-Biker
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 3.6.x

As above, I also have no social book marking even though I have tried all above.

Will also raise a support ticket. I have loads of plugins, but it never worked from a fresh install !!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...