• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gldtn
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.6.x

Adding Notification to my style

Hello,

I'm trying to add the new notification system to my style that has not yet been updated to vb3.7. But it seems that I'm missing something here;

In the Header template I added;

Code:
    <phrase 1="$pmbox[lastvisitdate]" 2="$pmbox[lastvisittime]">$vbphrase[last_visited_x_at_y]</phrase>
                <br /><span class="boxed">
    			<if condition="$show['notifications']">
    			<br />
    				<span id="notifications"><a href="usercp.php?$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[your_notifications]:</a> <strong>$notifications_total</strong>
    				<script type="text/javascript"> vBmenu.register("notifications"); </script>
    			<else /><if condition="$show['pmstats']">
    				<phrase 1="$vbphrase[unread_x_nav_compiled]" 2="$vbphrase[total_x_nav_compiled]" 3="$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[private_messages_nav]</phrase></span>
    			</if></if>

<if condition="$show['pmwarning']"><strong><phrase 1="$vbphrase[pmpercent_nav_compiled]">$vbphrase[your_pm_box_is_x_full]</phrase></strong></if>
    And in navbar template I added;

Code:
            <!-- vb3.7b3 Template Changes -->
            <if condition="$notifications_total">
    	<!-- notifications menu -->
    	<div class="vbmenu_popup" id="notifications_menu" style="display:none">
    		<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
    		<tr><td class="thead">$vbphrase[your_notifications]</td></tr>
    		$notifications_menubits
    		</table>
    	</div>
    	<!-- / notifications menu -->
    	</if>
            <!-- /vb3.7b3 Template Changes -->
    Yet it only shows PM total like before.. may anyone point out what I'm I doing wrong in this picture?

I also tried including what I added to the navbar template to the headinclude template, but no luck.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by gldtn; Tue 15 Jan '08, 12:11pm.
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

All you need to do is compare the two templates and see what has been added or removed. You would still need to contact the author to update this for you, as the author may have added or moved something around that to make it not work this style you have.

When posting template code, you should wrap the text with bbcode tag [ code ] template code [ /code ]

Comment

• gldtn
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.6.x

Thank you.. Thats what I did, but for some reason it's acting like it's not reading the if condition for show notifications. I'll try asking over at the theme site.

Thanks for the support

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

It is easier to work with the actual style, then keep on give you hit and miss suggestion to fix the issue(s).

Comment

• gldtn
          • Jun 2003
          • 3.6.x

Thanks Jose

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...