Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drknickel
    • Nov 2007

Upgrade old style to 3.7 - Problems

Heyho everyone!I successfully updated my forum to version 3.7 Beta 3! My old style basically works, but there are some problems:- I get an error on the main page: "YAHOO is not defined"- The new profile does not work- The editor does not really workI guess that is all because of my style, with the default style it does work.So what is the easiest way to update my style to 3.7? Where do i have to look at?Compare my style with the default 3.7 style? Or ist there a better way?I hope someone can help me here,Thank you very much,Greets
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You will need to revert any custom templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Goldoff
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You will need to revert any custom templates, then redo your changes.
      I did revert all templates, but the link to Private Messages has stopped working in all my styles, even the default one...

Any help will be welcome

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

You said:

"with the default style it does work"

If that is not correct then this has to be from another modification you made. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Goldoff
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.5.x

You said:

"If that is not correct then this has to be from another modification you made.
          It seems I found it at last: fortunately (for me) the issue is inside a new Spanish translation I uploaded for the 3.7.0. When I set the original in English or the old in Spanish the link works fine, but it 'dies' when I change it to the new one.

Could you please tell me where I can find the phrase in the language manager which could have broke that link? I was unable to manage that in the "private messaging" group

Thank you in advance

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for (for larger phrases it's best to search for just a small section of the phrase), then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Goldoff
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.5.x

Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for (for larger phrases it's best to search for just a small section of the phrase), then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.

Yes, I know that process, what I need to know now is where to search... it just seems that I cannot find that specific phrase related to the link in the navbar.

Thanks again

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Which language or phrase are you looking for?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Goldoff
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Which language or phrase are you looking for?
                  Sorry for the delay, I've been out.

I was using a Spanish translation for the 3.6.2 vesion, which I have been adjusting. When I upgraded to 3.7.0 I found a new translation at vbhispano and downloaded/uploaded it.

Among other issues (no one is perfect) I found that the link to the PM below the welcome:

Welcome, Goldoff.
                  You last visited: Wed 7th May '08 at 9:13am
                  Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
                  was not working anymore. The phrase I am looking for is the one that makes Private Messages (see above) a link...

Thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...