• Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    That would be a bit of a problem :/

Leave a comment:

• Moooon
    replied
    Done. I can't grant admincp access though, it's against company policy. But I'm happy to tell me what you need to look at and look for ya

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Can you start a support ticket with AdminCP access so we can take a look around?

Leave a comment:

• Moooon
    replied
    It is showing in the admincp view after uploading it. It is not showing in the public forum (not even for me as admin).

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    So you're saying after uploading an avatar to a user its not showing?

Leave a comment:

• Moooon
    replied
    : poke :

Leave a comment:

• Moooon
    replied
    Hi!

I don't want users to use their own avatars. I am trying to do what you said - "upload them myself and don't give them permission". I tried to achieve this by opening the user info in admincp, using the "Upload Avatar" button (the jpg shows up correctly), and setting the "Keep Custom Avatar" flag. But it's not showing up in the forum.

Please do poke around.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It sounds like a legacy thing that no one has updated the help. If you want users to be able to use their own avatars, letting them set their own would be best. If a user gets moved out of a group that doesn't have permission to change avatars I don't believe that avatars are lost. Its a lot like signatures, and a few other things that even when they're taken away they remain until they try to change them again. I could be wrong, you're the first person to ask about this in a bit. If you want I can poke around the code some more and give you a much more solid answer.

TLR
    If you want users to be able to use their own custom avatars, give them permission to.
    If you don't want them to be able to set their own avatars at will, upload them yourself and don't give them permission.

Leave a comment:

• Moooon
    replied
    [ Crickets ]

Leave a comment:

• Moooon
    started a topic Custom avatar admin override?

Custom avatar admin override?

Started here:

The proposed solution...

You should put them in a usergroup where they have permissions to have custom avatars.
    ... kinda defeats the purpose of an admin override, doesn't it?

The ? entry for "Admin Override Options" / "Keep Custom Avatar" says:

This option allows the user to keep their custom avatar in the event that they lose permission to upload custom avatars. If the user is moved to an usergroup that doesn't allow custom avatars; the user's avatar will not be visible in posts, their profile, and the member's list unless this option is enabled. This option does not allow the user to change their avatar. Usergroup permission is required to accomplish that task. If the admin changes or gives an a user a custom avatar when the user doesn't have usergroup permission to have one, this option will be automatically enabled.
    It sounds like I should be able to keep the user in "an usergroup that doesn't allow custom avatars" with this setting.