X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admolot
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.6.x

When post large text in foreign symbols it gets cut by vbulletin

If the size of a post is bigger than around 600 russian symbols (english symbols don't gets trimmed), it gets cut by VBulletin.

When I had similar problem with post titles and forum titles, I managed to solve it by changing MySQL fields' type to 'text'.

Which fields' type I have to change in order to fix it?
  • admolot
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.6.x

Apparently it is not a problem with MySQL.

Vbulletin would freak out whenever the post contain certain symbols, like russian letter "Р" for example. It would truncate the post in the place, where such a character occur.

Any ideas as to how to fix it?

Comment

• admolot
      • Aug 2007
      • 3.6.x

I was able to tackle the problem by clean new installation of vbulletin and uploading the new language packs.

The lesson of this story is goes like this:
      If you have foreign language forum, then upload new languages right after the installation - it save you alot of headache!

If there are more than one charecter encoding of the language pack - then try them all and see what works in your case! For me - russian pack with UTF-8 encoding wasn't working, and windows-1251 one working just fine.

Hope that helps someone.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...