How to eliminate ‘Blog’, ‘Projects’, ‘Calendar’ and ‘Members List’ functionality?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobby_
    • Oct 2007

How to eliminate ‘Blog’, ‘Projects’, ‘Calendar’ and ‘Members List’ functionality?

We have vBulletin 3.6.8 installed, with the ‘Blog’ and ‘Projects’ functionality.

Our objective is to provide only the core ‘Forum’ functionality.

A. How do we eliminate the ‘Blog’ and ‘Projects’ functionality efficiently?

From vBulletin forum posts, I see we can edit templates to eliminate the ‘Projects’ and ‘Blogs’ links from the navbar.

But that still leaves us references/functionality to ‘Blogs’ and ‘Projects’ in:

* User Control Panel
    * Search
    * FAQ

And possibly other areas I have not found.

B. How do we eliminate ‘Calendar’ functionality?

I am thinking just eliminating the ‘Calendar’ link from the navbar should be sufficient.

I don’t know if there is ‘Calendar’ functionality elsewhere in vBulletin that needs to be eliminated as well.

C. How do we eliminate access to the ‘Members List’?

I am thinking just eliminating the ‘Members List’ link from the navbar should be sufficient.

I don’t know if there is ‘Members List’ functionality elsewhere in vBulletin that needs to be eliminated as well, in addition to:

“To view the complete members list, click here.”

On the ‘Buddy/Ignore List’ panel.

Thank you.
  • Bobby_
    • Oct 2007

For version 3.6.8 patch level 1.

A. My approach ended up being:

AdminCP > usergroups > usergroup manager

For

1. Registered users, then
    2. Unregistered / Not Logged In

Click ‘Go’ button.

* Set all ‘Blog General Permissions’ to no.
    * Set all ‘Project Tools Permissions’ to no.
    * Set all ‘Calendar Permissions’ to no.

This eliminated Blog and Project:

* Navbar links.
    * References (partially/completely) from project tools, search, faq, userCP, and ‘view public profile’.

Somewhere I “disabled the list of members.”

B. Only step left to do is eliminate links for ‘Members List’ and ‘Calendar’ in navbar.

Will do that via template in adminCP, unless someone has a simpler suggestion.

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...