X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick!
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

Question about Deleted Posts

Hey, you know how when you delete a post, and someone finds that post in a search engine and they click on it, and they receive a message that says something like: Sorry the link no longer exists it was deleted by the Admin? I'd like to put in a 250x250 banner ad right under that text, but can't seem to find where to edit that particular spot to be able to add some html, does anyone know? Thankyou.

Nick
    Play Online Texas Holdem Poker? Checkout my Texas Holdem Poker Forums and get Online Poker Bonuses
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

From memory - look for the standard error templates.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• nick!
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.6.x

Sounds like a plan.. Thankyou. I always thought a good mod would be something like a 3 second auto re-direct from pages like that where posts dont exist back to the main index.php, would be a good idea? Otherwise most people might find your site in a search engine, click on the link get an error message and run away, instead a re-direct to the main page might have them clicking on something else or registering...
      Play Online Texas Holdem Poker? Checkout my Texas Holdem Poker Forums and get Online Poker Bonuses

Comment

• nick!
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.6.x

Yep, you were right. Edited the 'Error' template under 'Main' and put in some codes, now a advertisement appears under any error message. Guess I could even make it a rotating banner that way the same person doesn't see the same banner all the time. Ty!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...