X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OptimusPrime
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

Fatal Error In Admin CP

A little while back our hosting company was having a lot of hardware problems and the board was down a lot as a result. They upgraded their servers and the problem went away. I think it affected the board however or at least the admin cp because right after that I started getting a fatal error in the admin cp. I can still access the control panel to do certain things but the pane on the left does not show up and instead I get the following error message (the stars are the url).

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/********/public_html/includes/class_xml.php on line 150

So is this something I need to do or is this something the hosting company needs to know about to do something on their end? The guy that use to handle this for us no longer is available so I am trying to figure this out.
  • Fordies
    • May 2011
    • 4.1.x

ask your host about this..

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Your PHP does not have enough memory allocated to it to complete this operation. Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' variable in php.ini to at least 32M.

To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• OptimusPrime
        • Sep 2006
        • 3.6.x

Thanks for the replies. I will inform the host of this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...