Can upload attachments, but not see them?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeithLuneau
    • Jun 2006

Can upload attachments, but not see them?

Hi, we're runnning 3.6.7, and I'm having trouble with attachments...

We are running vBulletin on a VPS at Global Gold, using Plesk.

It started last night when one of the log files grew big enough that it filled out disk space. The forum wouldn't load, and gave a MySQL error, so I logged into Plesk and saw that the disk was full. I cleared that log file (mysqld.log) and rebooted. Everything was back online again, but none of the attached pictures were showing up in any threads.

I contacted Global Gold and asked if there was anything they could do to see what might have happened, and how to fix it. They fixed the log issue, apparently it was a setting in MySQL, which they commented out in the config file to stop it logging.

They were unable to fix the issue with attachments, and suggested that it's not a hosting problem and I should ask for help here first.

A bit of background info... We were originally hosted on a shared server using cPanel, then moved to a VPS using Plesk. When that move occurred (Global Gold handled the move), none of the old attachments worked, just new ones uploaded after the move. We overlooked that and moved on, since the new ones worked. Now, none of them work, not even ones uploaded now. They will upload fine, but don't show up on the post. I have a suspicion that it's something to do with ownership and permissions. (I had a similar issue with Joomla on Plesk, and ended up changing ownership of the files to fix it.)

I'm getting in over my head here, so I want to make sure I have help from someone that knows more about it than I do so I don't break more than what's already broken.

Attachments are stored in the file system.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    -Keith

scale4x4rc.org
  • KeithLuneau
    • Jun 2006

By the way, I noticed that some files/folders in the uploads folder were owned by apache/apache, others by user/psaserv. I started an SSH session with putty, and used chown -R to change them all to one owner/group, then all the to the other, and neither worked. Permissions are all 777.

Comment

• KeithLuneau
      • Jun 2006

Seems I may have fixed it... After setting the proper owner/group and permissions, I went and repaired and optimized tables in maintenance, then flushed my browser cache. All the attachments seem to be working fine now, ones that were already there and newly uploaded ones. Even the ones that had stopped after the move to the current server.

I'm not exactly sure what fixed it, but I'm guessing it was a table. There were a couple that were marked as crashed the first time I ran repair/optimize.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...