Spammers - Help My forum was overran with New User Registrations...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interfx
    • Dec 2001
    • 4.2.X

Spammers - Help My forum was overran with New User Registrations...

I now have over 5000 new registered users... How can I easily remove them? Prune only works before a certain date, I want to do after a certain date...

Suggestions?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code or creating a fairly complicated MySQL query to completely remove those users from all the relevant tables. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nick!
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.6.x

hey

I did what they recommended with the bots and replaced the 'True Type Fonts' and got some new backgrounds to stop all the robots from registering new accounts. It actually worked I haven't had a new registration in a few days. Atleast its a temp. fix until they get even more sophisticated...I got over 20,000 bots in my forums they are infested, slowly i am getting rid of them, but they stopped logging in and posting threads, etc. and aren't really causing any problems accept making my user database really large.

What you can do for all those newusers that you have to manually delete is this. Go into the control panel and go to 'Search for Users' under the 'Users' tab, then you will see a link at the top for 'Show New Registrations' -- once your there you can find all the bots and delete them, I recommend using a macro program like Macro Express and create a new macro that will run and delete them all, just add in a repeat command at the start of your macro, so if you have 5000 then let it repeat 5000 times, and let the macro run until all the bots are deleted. You have the option with macro express to create a recorded macro, which is really easy to do. Just an idea, it works.
      Play Online Texas Holdem Poker? Checkout my Texas Holdem Poker Forums and get Online Poker Bonuses

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...