Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blazinchuck
    • Dec 2007

post count promotion not working

hello, i created a promotion for our registered users...once they reach 30 post, they will be moved to "registered member" and will be given a few other options and will unlock some hiden forums.

for some reason, those members arent being moved automatically. im expecting about 250 out of 489 members to get promoted, but so far only 8 have been moved. why arent they moving?

my site http://carolinabroncos.com/forums
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

The promotions will only on run on members who have been active lately. If a user made those 30 posts and then hasn't been back to the site, then the promotions won't run on them. It will run against all users, whether active or not, if you run it manually via the Scheduled Tasks page. Does that move your users then?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• blazinchuck
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Lynne
      The promotions will only on run on members who have been active lately. If a user made those 30 posts and then hasn't been back to the site, then the promotions won't run on them. It will run against all users, whether active or not, if you run it manually via the Scheduled Tasks page. Does that move your users then?
      i havent tried a schedule task...never used it before. i was under the impression it might take a couple hours to slowly move all that should get moved. but what you, makes some sense...i see 1-2 ppl getting moved daily...so it must be a active issue then.thx, for the fast response

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...