After step 6 of installation,

I get error message

XML Error: %1$s at Line %2$s

Does anyone have the solution?

Thanks in advance.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That is from a bad file. Reupload all the files and make sure you upload the .xml files in ASCII format and that you overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• planck
      • Dec 2010
      • 4.1.x

Problem solved!

Thanks for your suggestion but I proceeded differently in resolving the problem.

I'm going to give a brief explanation of how i resolved the problem for future references in case anyone encounters the same problem.

1. It was a fresh install hence i had nothing indispensable in the database. So i simply called up my site host (hostgator) and asked them to reinitialize my account.

2. I went through the installation again restarting from zero.

NB
      1. When tranferring files in the upload folder via filezilla, make sure all files go to public_html
      2. If any files already exist in target directory (public_html) overwrite them.
      3. When editing config.php make sure to include the database name prefix and database username prefix

Hope this helps others with the same problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...