Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Question about eAccelerator with vBulletin 3.6.12

I've noticed that Kier previously commented-out the option to use "eAccelerator" with vBulletin 3.6. But can be used with vBulletin 3.7 and 3.8. What I want to know is this, can't that comment-out that Kier added to the class_datastore.php file be removed and eAccelerator will work fine?

Or is it not that simple, do other things in the code need to be changed and updated for it to work now with vBulletin 3.6? As I've noticed the eAccelerator code used in that class_datastore.php file, is not the same as is used in vB3.7 if you compare them both together.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, as I've been searching Google high and lo, both now and previously to try and use eAccelerator with vBulletin 3.6.12. And found very little info! Plus, I've just been told that I can simply remove Kier's comment-out and it will work fine. As the issue that was there before in the past with using it (which is why Kier added the comment-out). Is now not the case anymore?

But I want to hear this also coming from a staff member here, or anybody else who knows for a fact this is in fact true. And I can just remove Kier's comment out and use eAccelerator with vB 3.6.12.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 1 Apr '10, 2:36pm.
  • stingray27
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

If you compare them, the only difference is that some shared memory locking was removed in the 3.7 version.

So you could uncomment the proper class, then remove the dummy class and the shared memory locking code, and away you go.

A simpler way would be to just use the 3.7.7 file, it'll work on 3.6.12
    This is my signature.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...