Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elvis_is_dead
    • Oct 2005

problems with attempted upgrade

Last evening I attempted to upgrade our vBulletin board from 3.5.4 to 3.6.8 and ran into problems.

During Step 1 of the upgrade, a long error message was displayed, the key line of which was:
    MySQL Error : Table 'forum.XXXupgradelog' doesn't exist

Before beginning the process, I downloaded the entire site, which enabled me to re-upload the forum as it was prior to the upgrade attempt.

Doing so allowed me to browse the forum and topics. However when attempting to view specific posts, another long error message was displayed, the key line of which was:
    MySQL Error : Table 'forum.xxxlpost_parsed' doesn't exist

Looking at the db via phpmyadmin revealed that the Table Naming convention indicated by the above line (post_parsed) does not match the Table Names as they actually exist; i.e. none of the Tables Names contain an underscore.

After using phpmyadmin to COPY the contents of the existing table 'forum.xxxpostparsed' to 'forum.xxxlpost_parsed' the forum began working again.

While my client reports that members can post and view, this is obviously a temporary fix at best. Especially considering his reporting of 'you can't navigate smoothly'.

Any idea as to what happened and how this can be resolved? The upgrade was attempted so we can take part in the vBulletin / Google AdSense component.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated. The last thing I want to do is to re-install and start from scratch ... I downloaded the vBulletin fields of the mysql db yesterday and it weighs in at 405 mb.