Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chick
    • Sep 2006

Help with 3.6.8 PL2 errors scared to upgrade

After reading the upgrades to 3.8.1 horror stories (I upgraded one site from 3.6.8 to 3.8.1 and it went smoothly BUT noticed a immediate drag and time out errors... so I upped the ini on my server to 200) which seemed to fix the time out errors)..... but it obvious the newer vbulletin is using much more memory to run, which is not a good thing.

Anyway, I have another site which is my 'baby site' using 3.6.8pl2 board and I am petrified to attempt to upgrade not to mention the hack upogrades.... so I won't do it..... I am very stressed over this. I only have one problem which I need help with.

Every few weeks there is some type of corruption to the database which crashes the site.... I received help with told me to enter.....

DELECT FROM session;

which fixes it...... until the other day when the only thing that could fix it was.....

<!--
    Database error in vBulletin 3.6.8:
    Invalid SQL:
    INSERT IGNORE INTO session
    (sessionhash, userid, host, idhash, lastactivity, location, styleid, languageid, loggedin, inforum, inthread, incalendar, badlocation, useragent, bypass, profileupdate)
    VALUES
    ('275262210009a52c713efe395194bed0', 0, '174.xxx.xx.x', 'adb9f6a220fa9e3550b172ec989fb477', 1234645684, '/forum/main.php', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'curl/7.15.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6', 0, 0);
    MySQL Error : The table 'session' is full
    Error Number : 1114
    Date : Saturday, February 14th 2009 @ 04:08:04 PM
    Script : http://forumname/forum/main.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 174.xxx.xx.x
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    -->

The person helping said.......

I deleted all of the sessions that were in that table (32976), and this allowed the site to display.

+++++++++++++

How do I stop this from happening? Why is this happening? What causes it? Can someone lend some info. I know nothing about these things?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

It sounds like your Scheduled Task that removes old sessions is not running. Are your Cleanup scrips running at all?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• chick
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lynne
      It sounds like your Scheduled Task that removes old sessions is not running. Are your Cleanup scrips running at all?
      Lynne could you elaborate on that please? When I said I know nothing I meant it....

Would it be this one?

Daily Cleanup
      This script performs various cleanup tasks once per day.

or would that be

Hourly Cleanup
      This script performs various cleanup tasks once per hour.

They appear to work?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The session table is cleaned out once per hour.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Yes, those are the tasks. Check the Scheduled Task Manager and make sure the Next Time column for each of them is sometime soon.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• chick
            • Sep 2006

Thank you, now I understand... very much appreciated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...