Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D. Thomas
    • Jan 2006

Members getting logged out..strange issue

Ever since I installed Ad Peeps software for display of rotating banner ads, we've experienced a major increase in members that get logged out when they don't want to be logged out.... sometimes like every five minutes ! And they are clicking the "keep me logged in" box. It helps for a while to clear cookies but the problem returns after a day or two.

As for me, I get logged out maybe every couple days...when previously I was *never* logged out unless I did so intentionally. When the server is rebooted that seems to help for a few days, but it always comes back.

The Ad Peeps folks claim there is no way their software could be causing the problem and I hate to get rid of it as I really like the software.

So, bottom line is this is a minor irritant for most members but a major annoyance for some and seems to have no rhyme or reason as to who it effects...all browsers, all versions...but yet different effects for each computer.

Any ideas on why this is happening and a possible cure ?

Explore the largest manufacturing community on the web! Learn tips and tricks, hear from industry leaders and participate in our active forum community.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try posting in the appropriate thread for that add-on over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...