Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rammbs
    • Jul 2004

no forum/categories after db restore

what maybe the cause of not having all the forum/categories after a db restore? any input is appreciated. thanks in advance!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do this. Upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Then run the [Usergroup/Forum Cache] option. This should fix this, assuming the data was backed up and restored properly.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rammbs
      • Jul 2004

Thanks Steve.

It did not solve the problem and i'm getting the error below too.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
      1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
      2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
      I'm going to do a new db backup, upload, then do another restore. I used the php backup on the admincp. i'm going to try and use mysqldump or bigdump this time.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...