Ban user - push into different (ban) groups?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thomas P
    • Apr 2001

Ban user - push into different (ban) groups?

Hello,

I noticed that there is a dropdown box during the ban process in the mod panel, where you can ban/push the user into one ban user group.

Is it possible to mark a user group that it is being listed there?

The behavior and rights of that group shouldn't be changed regardint the messages they see, moderators should just be able to push a user into ban group 1 or ban group 2.

Thanks,
    Tom
    www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Any usergroups marked as banned groups will appear there.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Thomas P
      • Apr 2001

Great, thanks.

Will the user be able to notice that change regarding e.g. messages from vb?
      www.MCSEboard.de
      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Sorry I don't know what you mean.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Thomas P
          • Apr 2001

I mean this setting:
          This Usergroup is not a 'Banned' Group (Setting this to no will cause the group to be treated as a banned group, this will prevent the sending of email notifications, show a banned error message on the permission error pages and other unspecified behaviors.)
          We had a usergroup set all to 'no rights', so my question is just if setting the group as a banned group if the user sees any difference.
          www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

That depends on the rest of the permissions for that usergroup. What is it you want them to see?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Thomas P
              • Apr 2001

It is a usergroup with members that want to be deleted. We put them into the guest usergroup and change the username to something generic.

They should see nothing different compared to the settings we configured within the edit usergroups dialog. The wording of the description above regarding the flag 'this is a ban group' may be a bit misleading.

I'm just interested in the difference between ticking this option and if it has affect on the dialogs the user sees.

My intention is simple: I need this option ticked, so that moderators can push users into that group. In the mod panel only those usergroups are listed.

Thanks
              www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

As noted earlier the only usergrps that will be listed are banned groups. If you want something different then this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Thomas P
                  • Apr 2001

That's not the point I'm talking about. We don't need a hack for that, we user very limited modifications and stock vB has enough options for almost every demand we have.

I want to know how the original vBulletin Option works out-of-the-box.

Setting this to no will cause the group to be treated as a banned group, this will prevent the sending of email notifications, ...
                  Fully understood

...show a banned error message on the permission error pages and other unspecified behaviors.)
                  Could you please clarify what this a.m. sentence means?

Do users in that group see different messages than what I already have configured via usergroup settings?
                  Is there any difference regarding the user experience when ticking that option?
                  www.MCSEboard.de

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...