Report Post : very slow 'feedback' from server?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grover
    • May 2001
    • 3.8.x

Report Post : very slow 'feedback' from server?

Hi,

Apparently, since we moved to another hostingcompany 5 years ago I experience the following (on my shared hosting account):

When a user reports a bad post on my forum, it takes 17 seconds for vBulletin to 'react' when the user clicks [Send Report]. (Whereas overhere at www.vbulletin.com it takes 1 second)

Can somebody fill me in on what causes this?
    How much do you love XenForo?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

It could be a modification or it could be your server. Did you ever get your server optimized here in the Server Configuration forum?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Grover
      • May 2001
      • 3.8.x

I use no hacks/mods and I am on a shared server, so I can't optimize things myself.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Unfortunately that does sound like a server issue. And since you have no modification there's really nothing you can do to troubleshoot this from the vB end. You can try asking your host to check the server logs to see if they can find out what is causing this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Grover
          • May 2001
          • 3.8.x

Thank you for your quick reply, Steve.

I am not a technical person, but plays the mailserver of my hostingprovider a role in this, or has that got nothing to do with it?

In a couple of days I will follow your advice and contact my hostingcompany.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

I would suspect if this were a mail server issue then you would get the same type of delay when replying to any thread with a large number of posts on it too. Do you?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Grover
              • May 2001
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              I would suspect if this were a mail server issue then you would get the same type of delay when replying to any thread with a large number of posts on it too. Do you?
              Nope.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Then the next step is contacting your host. This does appear to be some sort of server issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...