X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrServo
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

Moving To New Server, Need Specific Backups Only

Ok, so I'll keep this as simply detailed as possible.

I'm moving my forums to a fresh server, to a fresh installation of vBulletin.

My current forums are set up on vBulletin 3.6.8 and the new server is set up with 3.7.

The only things I'm looking to transfer are Users, Users PMs, Reputation Counts and Post Counts(not posts).

On the backend I'm using cPanel, nothing too fancy, but I figured I'd lay that out in case someone lays out a billion command lines.

Any simple way of doing this folks? Are there any specific things I should lookout for, such as duplicate user IDs? Should my new admin name/ID be the same as my old? All help is greatly appreciated.
  • Hex_Legend
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

If you check the ACP, you will see a backup system, I would use that as you can tick everything that you would like to backup. This makes life a lot easier, rather than using CPanel

Comment

• MrServo
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

I found those, I just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. Any clue as to what Post Counts would be labeled as? I haven't yet successfully found those.

Comment

• Hex_Legend
        • Sep 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by MrServo
        I found those, I just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. Any clue as to what Post Counts would be labeled as? I haven't yet successfully found those.
        Best thing to do is select everything to do with Post

Posthash
        Postlog
        Postparsed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...