Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sownman
    • Jun 2004

CORE.xxxx files ????

I recently had a server problem, where PHP was being displayed rather than executed. Host repaired it and things are fine. BUT>>>>

When I started looking for this problem I noticed I had about 150 files at the root level of my VB directory ie: same level where the images folder is stored. Every one of these files is named CORE.xxxx where xxxx is a 4 digit number. Every file is between 5000k and 7000k in size. I know they were not part of the VB install or upgrade. I don't know if they appeared as a result of this PHP problem last weekend or if they've been around for a while. If I use the cpanel tools to display file contents all I get is a blank screen.

Anyone know what these are or where they came from ? Can I just delete them all ? Thanks

Steve R
  • Jtague
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.8.x

Those are core dump files... related to the problem you were having with PHP.

You can delete them.... You may want to back them up to have an archive of the problems..

Hope this helps....

JT

Comment

• Sownman
      • Jun 2004

Thanks. I'll move them into their own directory and keep them for a bit before deleting.

Steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...