X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kensino
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

User Titles

I want people in my staff to have a company user title like "Support Team", "Development Team", "Billing Support", etc... but I really don't want to create a usergroup for each team and it would be much easier if I didn't have to edit each person profile manually. I tried adding a rank for each title so I could just assign ranks instead but its not working because as soon as a customer hits that number of posts they will get the rank as well.

I did create a usergroup just to try it and I am in Administrator group. I added myself to the Development Team group as a second group and set the Can override primary group title/markup option in the control panel but its not overriding my Administrator user title with the title of my second group.

I want them to use all of the permissions from their primary group and only get the title from the secondary group. Unless I can assign titles another way besides user groups that would be better.

I don't want to edit each person manually. Its going to be too hard to track them, and then if I need to change the user title later, I have to go in and edit every person profile manually. I would like to update in only one place and have it effect all employees.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You can limit User Ranks to specific usergroups.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Kensino
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.8.x

It looks like then I still need to create a seperate usergroup for each department. I have a usergroup for developement team right now so how come when I set it as my secondary group the title doesn't override my primary title?

The option I set says its supposed to override my primary title.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

When multiple usergroups are involved, the users would decide which title they want. User titles are different from ranks.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Kensino
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.8.x

OK I fixed it they can just set the option in the profile easy. But can't I display usergroup title in color?

HTML Code:
          <font color="blue">Development Team</font>
          I put in the usergroup title box but its not getting displayed in color when the page loads.

Comment

• Kensino
            • Sep 2007
            • 3.8.x

Its working now I forgot to update user ranks and titles button when I was done.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...