X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netblix
    • Nov 2008
    • 3.8.x

WTF? Self-Banned Administrator IP??

I'm the only Admin, just today, i was setting up for two of my best friends to become super mods... once completed, I logged out and then I encountered a problem. Everytime I try to log in using my Admin Account (or any other regular testing accounts) it said...

"Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address.
    To contact the administrator click here"

Hmmm... what the hell is going on?? I have NEVER even using or touching the ban button during the entire setup so how is this possible?

Even if I do ban... I would never ban the Admin Account!

What can I do, how can I accomplish fixing this? This is one of the most stupidest thing I've ever experience.

I'm kinda new to all of this so do kindly explain in a step by step process. All your support and guidance are well appreciated!

Cheers,
    Minh
    Last edited by netblix; Tue 25 Nov '08, 5:41pm.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Please submit a support ticket and include the URL and login information for your AdminCP and Admin account in the sensitive information field as well as a description of the problem.

Comment

• aussiefooty
      • Nov 2008
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by netblix
      I'm the only Admin, just today, i was setting up for two of my best friends to become super mods... once completed, I logged out and then I encountered a problem. Everytime I try to log in using my Admin Account (or any other regular testing accounts) it said...

"Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address.
      To contact the administrator click here"

Hmmm... what the hell is going on?? I have NEVER even using or touching the ban button during the entire setup so how is this possible?

Even if I do ban... I would never ban the Admin Account!

What can I do, how can I accomplish fixing this? This is one of the most stupidest thing I've ever experience.

I'm kinda new to all of this so do kindly explain in a step by step process. All your support and guidance are well appreciated!

Cheers,

Minh

I am guessing that you banned your own ip because somebody else who was annoying you was using the same isp as you.
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Jingus
        • Sep 2005
        • 3.6.x

I did the same thing when I got my VB.
        I wanted to see what the banned message looked like, so I banned myself.
        Access your account through another computer and unban yourself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...