Any way for me to allow others to access AdminCP to just "look around" ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D. Thomas
    • Jan 2006

Any way for me to allow others to access AdminCP to just "look around" ?

Upon my request to see how SEO can be improved on my site the web development firm writes back

Can I have admin access to your forum to analyze the structure of this website and how the posts are generated?

Is there anyway I can allow access to my forum CP without them being able to alter anything ? (not that they would anyway...but I'm a paranoid sort I guess.. )

And if not, how do I change the password for AdminCP ?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. No sorry. There is no way to do that. However the license agreement allows you to set up a test board:

"If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public."

2. You would change your Admin user password.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...