Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swisscotton
    • Feb 2008

announcements

When I post an announcement none of my members can view it. Why is this?

I have tried using my dummy member account and i can see it fine.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try logging in as one of these users to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, cookies being blocked, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TimL
      • Aug 2007
      • 3.6.x

Some of my members are having the same issue.

Comment

• TimL
        • Aug 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Try logging in as one of these users to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, cookies being blocked, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
        Why would an announcement be affected by what you list above when it's built into the software and all other threads can be read?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Did you follow those instructions? Please start your own thread with ll the relevant details. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TimL
            • Aug 2007
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Did you follow those instructions?
            Yes.

Please start your own thread with ll the relevant details. Thank you.
            Nonsense. Why would I start my own thread when I have the same exact issue?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

It's not 'nonsense'. All issues are not identical in spite of what you may think. Also by keeping a thread for each person, we eliminate the inevitable confusion that goes one when several people are involved. If you want help with your specific issue, please start a new thread. Do not reply to this one. Thank you for your gracious cooperation.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...