How should I import post / users / attachments etc. from 2.2.8 board into 3.6.8 board

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VSfm
    • Sep 2007

How should I import post / users / attachments etc. from 2.2.8 board into 3.6.8 board

Hi all,

I have a 2.2.8 Board successfully upgraded to 3.6.8.

Unfortunately, since it has 4+ Million posts and 150,000 Attachments, this took a very, very long time.

While I spent a week doing this upgrade on another server, I left my 2.2.8 Board running, so my users didn't have to wait a full week.

My question is, how to I import / Synchronize the 5000 recent posts, 1000 new users and 500 some odd attachments (and other miscellaneous data) into my 3.6.8 board without a full upgrade? I have not changed ANYTHING on the new 3.3.8 board since the upgrade, save for path settings.

is it possible to do this without a full upgrade? or do I need to take the site down for a whole week?
  • Hayk
    • Sep 2007
    • 5.2.x

You need to make a new backup of your old forums and restore it on the new forums.
    vBProjects - Professional vBulletin Services and Solutions
    vBSpring - Premium vBulletin Add-ons

Comment

• VSfm
      • Sep 2007

Really?

this wont destroy all of the changes VB made during the upgrade process?

I'm dealing with an EXTREMELY large DB and anything I can do to not take my board down for a whole week is essential.

if I use the backup of 2.2.8 will it cleanly import the recent posts?

Comment

• Hayk
        • Sep 2007
        • 5.2.x

You have to restore new db on your forums and run upgrade script again. It will make appropriate changes. If you need all that posts you have on old forums, you have to go with the way described
        vBProjects - Professional vBulletin Services and Solutions
        vBSpring - Premium vBulletin Add-ons

Comment

• VSfm
          • Sep 2007

Thanks.

Looks like I need to take it down for a whole week then.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...