• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Welshy
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

Moderator can access my ADMINCP...

Hi All,

I have the settings not to allow it, in "Usergroups", but one of my Moderators (That I know of) can access my ADMINCP.

How is this happening Please? And more importantly, how do I change it, so that he can't view/access it, Please?

I have done the following:- Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Moderators -> Edit UserGroup -> Go -> Administrator Permissions -> Can Access Control Panel (is Administrator) -> No.

When I set this to "No", the "ModCP" link disappears fron his Botton NavBar. Is I set it to "Yes" he is able to view it, and as the name suggests, he is able to view my ADMINCP.

I would appreciate your help.

Many Thanks,

Welshy.
    www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That setting has to be 'No', otherwise this means you give them permissions to the Admin CP.

Note: The link to the Mod CP was removed because it added an extra query. You can either provide them with the direct link to the Mod CP, or follow the instructions here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Welshy
      • Jan 2008
      • 3.6.x

Thanks Steve,

I haven't got it displayed in my footer, the way it is on that link...

<if condition="$show['modcplink']"><a href="$modcpdir/index.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[mod]</a> -</if>
      ...I have...

<if condition="$show['modcplink']"><a href="$modcpdir/index.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[mod]</a> -</if>

Any ideas on what I should add instead please, Steve?

It says to change it to the following...

<if condition="can_moderate()"><a href="$modcpdir/index.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[mod]</a> -</if>
      Many Thanks.
      www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

No sorry, I do not know how to make the necessary modification work.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

You should should just have to change the condition. Then, after you do, login to a test account of yours and check it out. I always keep a test account logged in from another browser (not another browser *window*, an actual other browser) when I am doing work on my site so I can change the permissions on my test account and see what he sees on the site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Welshy
            • Jan 2008
            • 3.6.x

Hi Steve,
            I have added the "Change" to my 'footer' but I cannot see any change (I have started a new ID up as a mod to test it).

Is there supposed to be a link there only visible to Mods Please?

When I click on a user's username or the memberslist, I am greeted with a "XXX,
            you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
            1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
            2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Your help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

No sorry, as per post #2 The link to the Mod CP was removed because it added an extra query.

If the modification in that link does not work for you, then you can try asking for help with that modification over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Welshy
                • Jan 2008
                • 3.6.x

OK Thanks Steve,

Lynne - Thank You too. The way you described about opening another up is the way I do it. One on Firefox and another on Windows.

Would you be kind enough as to edit the 'condition' for me please so that I can copy and paste it into my footer? I am not overly clever when it comes to changing text etc.

I would certainly appreciate it.

Comment

• Welshy
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 3.6.x

Oh, I now see your post in #7, Steve.

Comment

• Welshy
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 3.6.x

I have posted over there too. But, as yet to receive a response.

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Welshy
                      I have posted over there too. But, as yet to receive a response.
                      I'll be seeing you over there, Welshy, it's my next stop this morning. I just need some more coffee first.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Welshy
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                        I'll be seeing you over there, Welshy, it's my next stop this morning. I just need some more coffee first.

Thank You Lynne.

Comment

• Welshy
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 3.6.x

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...