Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shawn911
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Something strange has happened in my vBulletin Forum.
    I have noticed that when some users post in the forum, the date displayed is : June 2008, while others do not have this problem. I thought it was an issue with the operating system date, but, that happened only for some users.

The issue gone away for one of these users only when he went to his User CP and updated the settings.

I noticed also that, regarding my own profile, vB indicates that i have one private message unread while all the messages have been read. This issue and the one above occured the same time.

How can i explain this problem ?
    Did someone encounter this kind of issue ?

I use VB 3.6.8. I know, i need to upgrade, but that takes some time because we need to be sure of the impact in Joomla.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no way the default vB code would cause this, assuming the server time was correct when those were posted.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• shawn911
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.6.x

I have ran the suspected file diagnostic.
      For me, everything is correct. Nothing has changed since the last time. I integrate VB to Joomla using BBPixel plugin, so this plugin hacks some vB files like user.php . I have compared them to the same files i have since one year, and they are similar.

I have to tell about something else :
      Actually, i have another tool which has nothing to have with VB. This tool sends me every day stats from robots like Google, Yahoo, etc... And i have noticed that when the issue happens, this tool also sends to me mail containing stats from the same date of June 2008.
      My hoster says that nothing has changed in their servers. So that's getting me crazy. Specially when i noticed that the user who had this issue does not have it anymore, just because he updated his user profile.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Again this does not happen with the default vB code and if the server time was correct when those posts were made.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...