Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macuhail
    • Oct 2008

problem with database

I have a problem with a forum that started after I was attempting to remove posts directly from the database. I ran a sql query something like:

DELETE FROM vbpost WHERE ipaddress = "x.x.x.x.x" (the x's were real numbers). However, the thread subject headings are still visible but the body of the posts are not. Also, I can no longer remove the threads via the message boards.

What do I need to do to remove these posts?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You should actually never delete anything directly from the database because of issues like these.

You will need to run Update Counters under Maintenance in your Admin CP. Run the Thread Information and Forum Information rebuilds (in that order). Then update the post cache when you are done with those.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• macuhail
      • Oct 2008

Wayne,

Thanks for the info. I had already removed the threads from the vbthread database and that got rid of the threads. I will run the steps you reccomend to make sure the database is repaired though.

We need to prune old threads/posts. Would it make sense to do that before running the repair steps?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You would have to update the counters again after pruning old posts so you should do this first.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...