X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aisha
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.6.x

Admin control panel URGENT HELP

hi, ive recently bought a forum site, and i was given the login for the admin control panel, and it seems i can access everything except the control panel log? what does this mean? Also how do i know who also has access to the admin control panel? as clearly some of my adminstrators do as they have deleted some sub forums i tried to create.how do i restirct this access to only myself who can log into the admin control and only allow super moderators to remove threads and posts and normal moderating tasks. im very worried that the staff that have such superior access could change my passwords on me anytime. what would i do then? please help, i really really need it.
  • glennybee
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.7.x

First of all, set yourself as an undeletable user in the /includes/config.php file.

$config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = '1';

(Where '1' is your userid)

To view the control panel logs, add your userid to this line...

$config['SpecialUsers']['canviewadminlog'] = '1';

Then check the administrator permissions.

ACP > Usergroups > Administrator Permissions > Edit Permissions

If you don't want other admins to remove forums, set the Can Administer Forums line to NO.

Comment

• aisha
      • Oct 2008
      • 3.6.x

can i delete them aswell?

Hi if i want to take admin off them, can i delete them in there aswell and just give them super access?

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

You can remove their Admin Permissions completely by moving them to a different usergroup that does not have admin permissions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...