Clear All
  • AteNa
    • Nov 2007

UserName

How can i change a UserName ?

Thanks
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

admincp > users > search for users > find the user and in the input field after username, change it to the new one. And submit the profile.

Comment

• AteNa
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Floris
      admincp > users > search for users > find the user and in the input field after username, change it to the new one. And submit the profile.
      Wow

Thanks

Comment

• kevinmanphp
        • Jul 2005

I'm sorry to bring this thread back from the dead... but I just wanted to know if doing what Floris said had any possible reprecussions, as far as damaging the database? I don't know why I've always been afraid of changing peoples usernames, but could someone please tell me if this is a stupid concern of mine or not? Thank you very much.

Comment

• Anth
          • Sep 2005
          • 3.6.x

As far as I know everything runs off the userid rather than the username so there shouldn't be any repurcussions.
          When in doubt, give it a clout :D

Comment

• kevinmanphp
            • Jul 2005

Thanks Anth... anyway a vB staffer could confirm this for my peace of mind?

Comment

• gct13
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kevinmanphp
              I'm sorry to bring this thread back from the dead... but I just wanted to know if doing what Floris said had any possible reprecussions, as far as damaging the database?
              If you're going to change a username I would first double-check that the new username isn't currently in use by another member.
              IllinoisLoyalty.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Yes, Floris' post is the correct way to change a username.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...