X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rastus
    • Jun 2004
    • 5.5.x

post table and thread table question

As I have upgraded over time, first from phpbb to Vbulletin and then later versions of Vbulletin, I have noticed some posts from the early years are missing in my forum. I've looked in the DB and I can see all posts from post #1 in the post table. However the thread table begins with threadid 4307. Is there anyway to fix this so all post will show up, or what would be a way to fix this so I can have all the posts back in the forum? my current install of Vbulletin is 3.6.8

thanks
    Kenny
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

It sounds like those posts have threadids that no longer exist in the database. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to fix this at this point. Sorry.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rastus
      • Jun 2004
      • 5.5.x

that is not the answer I was looking for

thanks for the quick reply
      kenny

Comment

• Rastus
        • Jun 2004
        • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        It sounds like those posts have threadids that no longer exist in the database. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to fix this at this point. Sorry.
        what about writing a query or to add those threadid's back into the DB? Would that fix it or crash the DB? I can setup my test site and try it, but if you know offhand it would save me the time and trouble of testing it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

You can certainly try that. I suggest posting over at www.vbulletin.org for help in writing such a script.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...